Part 1 here.
Tonight I found some time to do a little more work on my squad of Skitarii Vanguard and applied the first two basecoat colors: Rakarth Flesh (GW) for the inside of the robes and Mephiston Red (GW) for the outside of the robes.
I went with these two colors first because they cover a large portion of the models and offer a noticeable difference over the primed models. It’s amazing how much character a model can take on with just 2 or 3 colors applied. I can’t wait to see how they look after the next couple of colors are added.
Jason over at Wine & Cheese Gaming has issued a painting challenge to the community for the month of September. The challenge is to paint 10 models, start to finish, during the month of September. I’m not one to sit idly by and let a challenge go unanswered, so I’m going all in. Plus, I have a massive painting queue and this is good motivation. With that, I give you my entry in to the challenge, a 10-man squad of Skitarii Vanguard.
I assembled my AdMech army a couple of months ago, but have only recently had a chance to play them. I’m looking forward to getting some more time in with these guys during an upcoming escalation league at one of my local gaming stores.
My first step was to prime all of the Skitarii using the Army Painter Gun Metal spray primer. I went with Gun Metal instead of black because there are so many dark, metallic parts to these troops that I am hoping it saves a bit of time. My design goal is to mimic the standard, Mars paint scheme with the red robes. I will be following along with the Warhammer TV video tutorial for Skitarii, with a few adjustments to colors since I paint with more than just Games Workshop.
Stay tuned as I continue to chronicle my adventure through the September Painting Challenge.